Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How To JailBreak iPhone 3.0 3G

Now you can JailBreak iPhone 3.0 OS 3G. I'm going to show you how to do this here. Note that you can JailBreak other iPhones too but because I own a 3G device and I did myself, I post the tutorial on how to do this on this device.
Unfortunately Dev Team which develop jailbreak for iPhone & iPod, recentely announced that they no longer work on QuickPwn. QuickPwn is a simple to use application for Windows that let you JailBreak iPhone. But PwnageTool, the equalant for Mac released and you can use it if you got a Mac computer.

WARNING: I've heard that you should not update your phone by clicking the Update button of iTunes. Instead download iPhone 3.0 Firmware file (230 MB) and hold Shift key + Restore button and locate the file to upgrade.

JailBreak iPhone OS 3.0 3G

  1. Download redsn0w 0.7.2 (This is a torrent file, you'll need a torrent client to download it, use uTorrent.)
  2. Make sure you have installed iTunes 8.2.
  3. Update your phone by clicking the Shift key + Restore button on iTunes to update it.
  4. Run redsn0w and follow the on screen directions. (Do not select Icy in this process and just select Cydia.)
    Note that when I tried this process on Windows Vista, it hangs on "Waiting for restart" and nothing happens. I did it successfully on Windows XP.
  5. Now you phone should be JailBroken.
Install Mobileinstalation to be able to install applications

  1. In Cydia add http://cydia.hackulo.us.
  2. In Hackulo reppo find and install AppSync 3.0.
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment